Friday, February 4, 2011

2. "The Online Mom"

I stumbled upon this blog in an...interesting way. LinkedIn emailed me and asked, "Have you Googled yourself?" and I thought to myself...not recently. So I did. My recent USA TODAY College Blog came up, and then a blog entry about it on The Online Mom. After reading through the entry about my blog, I decided to explore the rest of the site.

The site markets itself as "Tech Tools for Parents," so most of it is based around the internet, phone, video games, etc. and how to use those tools either as a parent or how to use incorporate them into your children's lives. They discuss the ways you can "protect your children" from problems that arise from this generations fascination with the internet and other technology and also debate issues of what is appropriate for children of which ages. One of the recent posts that I found really interesting was actually somewhat in opposition to my Facebook blog--it was a post about why you should let your children set up a Facebook profile. Essentially, they discussed the number of "teachable moments" available to parents for their children via Facebook, and I found that to be a really interesting perspective. Check out the whole post here.

1 comment: